Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mc Ilwan/Mc Clwain Family (Dallas Co, AL)

I really need help researching this family line, if you are kin or have any additional information please leave a comment or e-mail me. Thanks!
I also want to acknowledge my cousin for sharing family stories, and extending the warmth of your memories to me. I am left with a feeling of warmth from the pride and love evident in every word you speak about your children. God Bless!




Family of Henry and Alice (“Allie”) Mc Clwain: 1900
Valley Creek, Alabama



Henry Mc Clwain, 35
Alice Mc Clwain, 34
Pink “, 14
Alberta “, 15
Delhi “, 8
Mattie “, 5
Mary “, 4
Ada “, 3
Narca “, 2
Babe “, 1
Mealy Mc Clwain, 60
Lucy Morre, 50




Family of Henry and Alice (“Allie) McIlwan: 1910
Selma, Alabama


Henry McIlwan, 47
Alice “, 46
Delhi “, 19
Elline “, 15
Isabel “, 13
Geneva “, 11
Arnette “, 10
Elinera “, 6
Mrs. (Should be “Mr.”) Wess Martin, son-on-law, 29 *close cousin or ??
Alberta Martin, 20, daughter *cousin by marriage
Mary Gasdner, 27 (widow, boarder)
Lucy McIlwan (aunt, widow), 58

Family of Mat and Alberta Marter (Martin): 1920
Selma, Alabama



Union Street

Mat Marter, 28 * close cousin or??
Alberta “, 27 *cousin by marriage
Malachi “, 10
Rosa M. “, 7
Sanlphus (Adolphus?) “, 5
CD “, 4
Adabel “, 2
Clarene “, 3 months
Allie (Alice) Mc Ilwan, mother, 47
Elvin Gelbert, 21, sister
Robert Gelbert, 50, son-in-law
Deli Mc Thwan (Mc Ilwan), son, 20
Stan Icy Tout, nephew, 18


Note: I have found census records, in two different databases, for both Mat Marter (Martin) and West/Wes Martin. Family knowledge records the correct name of Aunt Alberta’s husband as being Wes. I am looking for more information on Wes’ line of the Martins. I will update as I know more. I do know these are my cousins, and that the Martin family lived in close proximity to extended relatives in Selma.

No comments: